Dear VISTA CHURCH Family,
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! As we finish out this year, I wanted to make sure I had the opportunity to communicate to you how grateful I am for your part in the Lord’s work here at VISTA. This March will mark 2 different milestones for us as a church. The first is our 4-year anniversary as a church body called VISTA CHURCH. Second, we will have been at North Arvada Middle School for one year. I’m thankful for our new home and look forward to establishing ourselves in this space and in this community.
As I write this letter, I’m mindful of so many amazing things God allowed us to be a part of this last year.
· We gave monthly support to our missionaries, the Musgraves with TEAM Missions totaling $3000 for the year.
· We were able to give North Arvada Middle School 83 backpacks full of supplies for students in need.
· We completed several service projects at North Arvada Middle School:
o Dozens of volunteers from VISTA helped get the school’s community garden up and going, shoveling and moving dirt along with building garden sites.
o We were called upon to paint 6 different classrooms for the school and had several volunteers participate in this outreach.
o Our tech director Tommy Kilpatrick helped train the drama and band leaders on the use of our lights and equipment for several of their productions in the auditorium. They were delighted to have the use of our equipment to make their productions more dynamic.
o We put on an amazing Trunk or Treat event in the school parking lot that saw more than 750 kids and families come through.
· Our VISTA KIDS, along with the help of our entire church, was able to contribute $1207.48 to Blood Water Mission whose mission is to provide clean drinking water and health care to sub-Saharan Africa.
· As a church family we served together at an amazing event at Florence Crittenton School in Denver honoring teen moms and their children.
· Many of us from VISTA also came together to support the A21 Walk For Freedom event in Denver, raising awareness and support in the fight against human trafficking. VISTA was able to donate the set-up and use of our portable sound system for this event.
· In October, 35 people from VISTA participated in the the Walk To Defeat ALS and raised $2575 for this cause.
· We’ve also set a goal to raise $2500 for 25 - $100 gift cards for Christmas gifts for families in need at North Arvada Middle School.
Thru God’s strength, we truly are Changing Lives, Changing the World, With the Power of Jesus Christ.
With one month to go in 2018, let me encourage you to help us finish strong and prayerfully consider giving generously to help us meet our year-end budget. As a church, we rely on strong December offerings. First, let's join together and pray that God would open the heavens and meet the needs of our church. Second, I challenge you to seek the Lord and give as He directs. I am fully aware that every dollar given to the Lord at VISTA represents a step of faith and sacrifice. Because of this, I assure you that, to the very best of our ability, we are good stewards of the Lord's funds while pursuing our mission with faith and passion. We are already beginning to plan for 2019 and looking forward to how we can continue to be a part of the community the Lord has us in.
Contributions can be made online, by mail, or during our services. Mailed contributions must be postmarked by December 31 to receive contribution credit for 2018. Thank you so much for doing your part in seeing that we continue to pursue the mission that God has given us. Thank you for serving. Thank you for praying. Thank you for sacrificially giving.
All for Jesus,
P.S. We’d love to have you join us for one of our Christmas Eve Services on Monday, December 24 @ 4:00pm or 5:30pm at North Arvada Middle School’s Auditorium (7285 Pierce St, Arvada, CO 80003).